NEW GAS ALARM CALL AFTER TRAGEDY

Home / Uncategorized / NEW GAS ALARM CALL AFTER TRAGEDY

NEW GAS ALARM CALL AFTER TRAGEDY

A YORKSHIRE MEP has renewed her plea for carbon monoxide alarms to be fitted in Europe's hotels following another tragedy. Last Saturday, a man in his 50s died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the Great Western Hotel in Newquay, Cornwall.
Labour Euro MP Linda McAvan, pictured, said: "It was not until paramedics began to suffer the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning themselves that firemen were called and the hotel was evacuated.
She started campaigning on the issue in October, 2006, after Bobby and Christi Shepherd, aged six and seven, lost their lives in Greece.
The siblings, from Horbury, near Wakefield, died when fumes filled their bedroom in a bungalow at the five-star Louis Corcya Hotel in Gouvia, Corfu.
Ms McAvan said: "Fitting alarms as standard could help save lives."
Recent Posts