News

Family Of Dead Women Call For Carbon Monoxide Alarm

The family of a 26-year-old woman killed by carbon monoxide poisoning earlier this year in a new Barratt home have launched a petition calling for CO alarms to be compulsory in all new housing.Elouise Littlewood died in the Bedfont Lakes development in Hounslow, west London, managed by Notting Hill Housing, in February, after it had been handed over...
Read more…

Announced Detector Recall – First Alert

Thousands of First Alert smoke and carbon-monoxide detectors in Centre County may be eligible for replacement under a voluntary recall announced Monday. First Alert and its parent, BRK Brands Inc., announced the recall two months after Centre Region code officials pressed the company to acknowledge problems with its OneLink detectors. The recall applies...
Read more…

Dangers Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Boating

The National Park Service, through the Department of the Interior in August 2000 requested assistance from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and the US Coast Guard to evaluate visitor and employee carbon monoxide (CO) exposures from generators and propulsion engines on houseboats. This initial investigation characterized...
Read more…

New Gas Alarm Call After Tragedy

A YORKSHIRE MEP has renewed her plea for carbon monoxide alarms to be fitted in Europe’s hotels following another tragedy. Last Saturday, a man in his 50s died from carbon monoxide poisoning at the Great Western Hotel in Newquay, Cornwall.Labour Euro MP Linda McAvan, pictured, said: “It was not until paramedics began to suffer the effects...
Read more…

Carbon Monoxcide Detectors Could Be Required In Public Places Very Soon

A proposed bill in the State Senate would, if approved, be similar to the current laws that require smoke detectors.Senate Bill 289 would require owners of residential buildings to install carbon monoxide detectors by this fall.The legislation has passed both the State Senate and the State Assembly. It’s now been sent to the governor for action...
Read more…

Caution – Mind Your Sensor!

Carbon monoxide detectors expire despite operative power sourceThe party wound down around midnight May 27, 2007 at Sawbill Canoe Outfitters in northern Minnesota. Bonfires were put out. Camp counselors moseyed back to their cabins. Little did they know, it was the last time they would see their co-worker, David Bodeau.The next morning, the 19-year...
Read more…

Globe

Our extensive warehouse facility and offices in Mold, North Wales ensure that our products are readily available and can be delivered anywhere worldwide.

For more information call:

01352 860 600

Gas Safe Europe